Policies at Nestledown Bed and Breakfast
Nestledown Bed & Breakfast provides our guests more than a place to stay. We have designed and created light-filled and refreshing rooms to come and go from as you visit Marquette; a place to rest and relax, like the Scandinavians do at their summer cottages. Your reservation and time spent here is important to us and we will be ready for your visit. If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 14 days* prior to your arrival date to cancel your reservation.
We are proud to be platform free. No third parties involved. Your reservation details are between you and us, your innkeepers.
OUR RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
A 50% deposit of your full stay is required with all reservations. A reservation is not considered confirmed until a deposit has been received. Deposits will be refunded if notice of cancellation is received at least 14 days prior to the arrival date.
In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than 14 days’ notice*, shorten your stay, or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. If we can re-book your room(s), a full or partial refund will be made less a $25.00 cancellation fee. Please call with questions.
The Cottage requires a 30-day notice of cancellation and a two night minimum stay. One half of the full rental rate is required to secure The Cottage. Our reservation software is set for weekly reservations during the summer months June, July and August. Call with questions.
RATES AND TAXES:
Room rates are based on single or double occupancy and include a full breakfast each morning of your stay. Some rooms have the capacity to accommodate more than two people. There is a $20.00 charge for each additional person per room night. There is no extra charge for children under the age of 8.
There is a two-night minimum stay for weekends. Weekends are defined as Friday-Saturday. Weeknights are defined as Sunday to Thursday nights. We offer special rates for our business guests. Please call with any questions or to make arrangements with us by phone. (906) 273-0996.
The Cottage rental comes with a $75.00 cleaning fee. We don't have a damage deposit as our guests are careful.
Payment must be made on arrival for all balances. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and cash. Nestledown is not subject to the tourism accommodation assessment of 5%, simply Michigan’s sales tax of 6%.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT:
Check-in time is from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. After 6pm call us for independent check in. Check out is at or before 11:00am.
CORPORATE AND BUSINESS TRAVELERS:
Nestledown gladly provides accommodations tailored to meet the needs of corporate and business travelers. Breakfast during the workweek can be prepared early or packed to go as needed. There is wireless internet with streaming available throughout the property and smart TVs with space for a small weekday meeting. Have you ever thought of a sauna meeting or a pasty lunch meeting?
Nestledown is a smoke-free property. No candles please for safety. We reserve the right to charge a $250.00 cleaning fee if required.
We have built a wonderful sauna, (pronounced sow-na), complete with two private shower rooms to provide our guests with relaxing and healing warmth. Education about the culture and tradition of the Finnish sauna will be available during your stay. There are rules and recommendations for sauna use and ask our guests to follow them for the safety and comfort of everyone:
1. Saunas are generally safe for most users but some people need to take extra precautions, or perhaps not even use the sauna. In particular, you need to reconsider using a sauna if you have any of the following conditions: unstable angina, poorly controlled blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythms, advanced heart failure, recent heart attack, or severe aortic stenosis.
2. Do not use the sauna if you are pregnant or trying to conceive. You risk raising your body core temperature, fainting, having cramps, suffering from heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
3. Wait to sauna if you are full or have alcohol in your system.
4. Be well hydrated before taking a sauna.
5. Do not use the sauna if you are unwell for any reason or if you take medication that may inhibit your ability to sweat. Do not use the sauna if you have been advised by your doctor to avoid them.
6. Healthy, well-hydrated children ages 12 and older may use the sauna with a parent only.
7. If you feel ill at any time during the sauna, step out and cool down. Do not use a swimsuit that has been in chlorine. Sauna towels to sit on and wrap in will be provided.
8. Modesty is the general rule here. Separate sauna times can be organized as necessary.
9. The innkeepers will set the sauna temperature.
10. Avoid staying too long in the sauna. The appropriate amount of time to spend in the sauna is around 15 to 20 minutes at the most, and less if you feel too hot or uncomfortable. It is better to go in and out, taking cooling breaks in the shower, than to roast in it for too long.
11. Have 2 to 4 glasses of water and a salty snack afterwards. A cool, cleansing shower afterward completes the experience.
CHILDREN AND PETS:
Children of responsible parents are always welcome at Nestledown. We will provide an extra mattress to The Suite or to The Cottage making room for the extra sleeper. Both of those rooms then can easily accommodate four people. We also have a Nuna travel crib for infants or you may bring your own. Please include a note of your needs when registering.
Nestledown is unable to accommodate pets.